Saturday, February 19, 2011

FYI For Your Weekend!

Need a little miscellaneous info to ponder on this weekend? No? Me either, but this mess keeps my mind running non-stop! 2 sick kids at home and me and the hubby feel like poop, but I still seem to manage a little hair obsession. It's some real scattered thoughts ranging from eyelashes to hair extensions. I'll try to keep it organized for those OCD readers!
-when admiring all those celebrity dos as you're preparing for your next visit to the salon,
you do realize that's not their real hair, right? I mean, some is, but most of it is
extensions. Kim K's cut is not gonna look the same without the extra hair! Most celebrity
hair relies heavily on this wildly popular beauty secret. The Disney channel must have mad
stock in it! Those girls have got to have headaches from all that fake hair! This leads me
to obsession #2

-are extensions becoming more acceptable in the south? We tend to take a little longer to
accept newer trends (at least a year lag on skinny jeans). I tend to embrace new ideas in
the hair world with excitement upon my first meeting, but I've not been so warm to this one.
Its not that I don't wanna mess with it. It's just that I haven't had clients show interest
in it. Well, I started to do a little research on it today. My finding is that I don't see
any one favored technique. There's equal pros and cons on all of them. I think I'm gonna
attempt the clip technique first. Wish my client luck!

-next thing to obsess over, those bonds that create curl in your straight hair. I forgot all
the names, so no huge chance on loosing you to boredom. Basics are hair creates a stronger
bond from wet to dry than from dry to heated. Translation...that's why old lady roller sets
last longer than your curling iron styles. (FYI, I love old ladies.) The trick is to make
that curling iron bond a little stronger. Think about how hot roller curls lasts longer than
curling iron curls. It's all in the cooling down. So, next time you curl that straight hair
with a curling iron, wrap that curl around your finger and clip it to your scalp with a metal
clip and let cool for 15 mins. It'll create longer lasting and more natural looking curl (or
wave).

-last topic is eyelashes. Just this...they can be tinted so you don't look dead without mascara. Tip for the natural blondes out there.

Was that too random for you? I'll try to focus for next time. I'm waiting tables tomorrow for a fundraising event at Bizzell's in Hartsville. I'll find one woman with really bad hair and discuss her problems. It'll be like that Wal-Mart hidden camera site with all those ridiculous people. We love to crack on them but, secretly, we're scared we'll end up on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment