Thursday, February 24, 2011

Springy Hair

So, I said I'd spot a hair victim at the humane society fundraiser, but I was too busy to look! No need for disappointment because I found a violator that afternoon at a funeral. It was a windy graveside and I couldn't hear the preacher, so my eyes started to wander. About 6" in front of my face, I see a stringy split mess! Poor girl! I promise I don't go around and look for bad hair. I'll leave that to TLC.

Take a look at the ends of your hair. Do they have a lot of split ends? How far up are the split ends? If you only have a few, you're fine. If you have a lot at the bottom, you need a trim (see last blog ;)). If you have split ends all over your head, your hair needs some extra attention. I'm a Pureology girl so I would recommend their split end mender, but I'm sure there are other brands that would work too.

With spring on it's way, it's time to get that hair back in shape! In addition to fixing the ends, let's strengthen the rest by moisturizing those dry winter strands. If your hair tends to break off, try using a shampoo and conditioner with good quality protein in it. You could also use a special protein treatment. There's a ton of those to choose from.

Hairstyle predictions for the spring are low maintenance, tousled styles. Texture and shine will be all over Hollywood hair! Texture is bend, wave and curl. Already talked about that one, but I'll discuss it again soon. Shine comes from healthy hair. Other things that'll help that hair glisten are rinsing in cool water after moisturizing or having your stylist apply a clear gloss. This holds true for short cuts too. Just remember to keep it low maintenance and sparkly!

One last thing I want to leave you with...this "poor girl" would have been rockin' with a few extensions. That would have solved her stringy problem. I know this is still not a southern thaaang, but let's keep an open mind about it. They're fun and can solve an array of problems for some clients. And since I can't think of a witty comment to end this thing, BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment