Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Listen Up Curly Girls!

So, did anyone take my advice and go with what God gave you today? I'd bet my morning coffee you didn't! I'll start with the worst offenders...curly girls! What in society tells us our hair has to be straight? I'm so tired of seeing every young girl that walks in the salon wearing severely straight hair with a part almost at their ears and split ends to the scalp! Tip of the day...damaged hair is not cute!
Now, I'll help you curly girls go curly. Like all good hairstyles, you've got to have a good haircut. Layers are a must for curly hair. Without them, you have a triangle on your head. Second thing...moisturize. If your curls get frizzy, you gotta moisturize. In the south, we all need to. After you shampoo, rinse and apply conditioner. Comb thru, leave on a few minutes and rinse. If you're real frizzy, leave some in. After rinsing, towel blot and LEAVE IT ALONE!! Do NOT comb again! It just causes frizz. If your curls don't form very good, apply an oil based styling cream and separate with your fingers, twirling as you go. Air drying is always best. If that's not an option, use a diffuser. Deva Curl has a great one, but you have to get that one from your stylist.(They also have shampoo and conditioner that rocks for curls!)
If you try these tips, send me a pic. If you need more advice, I'd love to post a pic with specific advice. Happy curling!

No comments:

Post a Comment